Essential Functions of Environmental Compliance Coordinator:
The Environmental Compliance Coordinator (ECC) will oversee and ensure that the CFG (Cardinal FG) manufacturing facility conforms to all environmental laws, regulations, standards and other requirements required to operate. The ECC will demonstrate a strong work ethic with attention to detail. The ECC will analyze results and recognize shifts or patterns that may indicate change in processes. The ECC will report to the Engineering Manager, and liaise with the Plant Manager, Technical Development Manager and Environmental Compliance Director of CFG or consultants on the FG environmental items.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
The ECC will:
· Provide leadership and consultation regarding all environmental laws and regulations to the facility. Supports the Corporate goal to promote Cardinal FG to be the environmental leader in the glass industry and protect the employees and the company. Overall responsibility for environmental compliance at the plant.
· Maintain the inventory of the facility’s environmental permits.
· Maintain the inventory of the facility’s environmental testing/analyzer equipment.
· Maintain the repository/library of each plant’s regulatory reports, filings, stack tests, and other performance/compliance test reports, compliance plan filings, voluntary disclosure of non-compliance events, and all other related documents.
· Maintain the facility’s work instructions, standard operating procedures (including calibration/certification practices), best practices, peer review practices, and related activities with respect to environmental testing, analysis, and regulatory compliance.
· Maintain the facility’s written CEMS Plan.
· Utilize the plan that involves counsel retaining a consultant to conduct confirmatory testing (e.g., stack testing and/or certification of CEMS equipment and analyzers, as appropriate) to verify accuracy and compliance with legal requirements, in a manner so as to maintain the results on an attorney/client privileged basis.
· Utilize the compliance tracking plan including reporting, recordkeeping, and monitoring schedule for the facility that identifies deadlines for completion of each task.
· Ensure advance preparation of all required environmental reporting with sufficient time for review by ECD.
· Report environmental compliance communications from regulators to the ECD.
4-year degree in Environmental Engineering or similar field of study
Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
Cardinal Glass Industries is a management owned S-Corporation leading the industry in the development of residential glass for windows and doors. We have grown to nearly 10,000 employees located at 49 locations around the United States. At Cardinal, we design and fabricate the most advanced residential glass products in the industry. The Cardinal Spring Hill Float Glass location creates clear float glass, Purevision and Hydroclear glass for windows and doors and applications needing specialty glasses such as shower doors.