Known locally as the “full-service community hospital doing some big things,” Parker Adventist Hospital, (located at E-470 and Parker Road), offers leading medical experts, the latest technology and a broad array of clinical services. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, Parker Hospital performs complex spine and brain surgery along with weight-loss and joint-replacement surgery. We have a Level II Trauma Center and a Birthplace with a Level IIIA NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. Opened 10 years ago and still growing, the entire team is incredibly vibrant, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated. The sense of “newness” felt at Parker is a big aspect of the culture and the high patient and employee satisfaction scores speak volumes about the care and the environment. Every associate at Parker lives its culture of “relationship based care” each day – treating every patient, family and team member like WE would want to be cared for. For more information about Parker Adventist Hospital and joining the team, visit http://www.parkerhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102384
Clinic/Department: 8765 PKR HBA CASHIERS
Hospital: PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Accountable for making decisions supported by policy based on confidential financial information both from the facility and from patients to determine qualification for CICP (as applicable), Centura Charity programs, or payment arrangements. Utilizes scheduling and registration information to verify coverage and authorization for all scheduled procedures. After verification of benefits and authorization, HBA/FC populates price estimate tool to decide patient portion. Makes calls to patients, doctor's offices, and hospital departments to gather sufficient information to obtain authorization and benefits Collection of patient portion. Acts as a liaison between the patients, physicians, patient clinics, case management, centralized billing office, third party Medicaid eligibility vendor and community agencies.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 1 year healthcare experience Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding Medical terminology with good customer service skills. Preferred knowledge of registration and billing and credit scoring.
- CPR Certification (as required by facility)
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Must demonstrate accurate documentation electronically on account information and updates in a timely manner.*
- Runs estimator tool for patient portion amount.*
- Screens self pay patients to make the determination of eligibility for CICP (as applicable), Centura Charity programs, or payment arrangements.*
- Interacts with the Victims Compensation representative through the District Attorney's office and CBO for payment of patient bills.*
- Obtains pre-certification and benefits from insurance companies for the admission or expected admission of a patient to comply with the rules and regulations of the patient's insurance carrier.*
- Acts as hospital liaison between insurance companies, case managers, central business office, third party Medicaid eligibility vendor and registration.*
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge of registration pathways.*
- Compliance with current eligibility technology.*
- Must maintain patient/employee confidentiality.*
- Collects patient portion as determined by patient's insurance.*
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.