Lawyer Development Coordinator
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Wheeling, WV
Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity for a Lawyer Development Coordinator in the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV.
The Lawyer Development (LD) Coordinator will work with the Lawyer Development Senior Manager and Analyst on all aspects of non-partner review processes including:
• Draft non-partner attorney reviews globally (editing and finalizing).
• Assist with the management of non-partner attorney performance evaluation processes (twice a year).
• Assist in dissemination of final reviews and track delivery of reviews. Help ensure timely delivery of annual evaluations.
• Serve as a resource to the PDC review process as requested, including liaising with attorneys to obtain feedback.
• Become an expert in viDesktop software and help in the build-out of the review processes, business plan processes and bonus input form processes, including proofreading each process and testing the performance of each process.
• Become skilled in pulling data from eReports, PeopleSoft and AllAtty (Access database). Assist with answering inquiries from attorneys and administration staff relating to attorney performance and utilization.
The LD Coordinator will also work closely with the LD training team as needed and provide additional administrative support for lawyer development activities as required.
Must possess system skills include Word, Windows, data base management, report writing and spreadsheet applications (Access and Excel preferred); be a team player, detail oriented, and have strong communication and organizational skills. Familiarity with MCLE program a plus. The ideal candidate will also have a minimum of three years of training/professional development experience within a law firm.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional writing and proofreading skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Proactive, intellectually sharp, strong analytical skills and flexible
• Commitment to collaboration; comfortable taking initiative
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.