| Role / Responsibilities: |
The successful candidate will work closely with a global team of DCM (Debt Capital Markets) Attorneys, to analyse high yield bond and loan structural strength. The candidate will apply their understanding of credit capital markets towards authoring covenant focused research for individual transactions, as well as broader sector-in-depth trends reports. The ideal candidate to develop a mastery of DCM structures that will serve them well throughout their careers. When combined with a solid understanding of credit this role will provide the ideal candidate with a lasting competitive advantage.
Training on legal concepts will be provided by the senior attorneys and tenured peers. Therefore prior experience with the drafting and review of bond indentures and credit agreements is attractive but not necessary. Knowledge of and experience in debt capital markets is required.
- drafting Covenant Quality Assessments, which provide a detailed analysis of the negative covenants and other significant investor protections in all material high yield bonds and leveraged loans
- drafting topical and trend-related research on the high yield bond and leveraged loan markets
- maintaining the North American covenant databases and assisting in the maintenance of the global covenant database
- preparing statistical graphs, tables and spreadsheets to allow analysis of covenant trends, in collaboration with senior team members
- preparing presentation materials for use in investor focused outreach meetings
- interfacing with investors and analysts regarding covenant research
- working collaboratively with CFG lead analysts on sector specific covenant reports
- working with global team members in NY, London, and Hong Kong
Department / Team:
The Covenant Team is globally integrated, with professionals located in London, Hong Kong and New York. It analyses and publishes its findings on bond and loan document protections for investors, as well as a variety of in-depth industry focused, regional, and long-term trend reports. Its reports are closely followed by most leading global investors, and are heavily quoted in the financial press.
The work of the Covenant Team is viewed as a strategic priority and key market differentiator for Moody's. It has broad senior management support and visibility. This affords strong performers on this team to accelerate their careers, while also building unique skills and knowledge.
- Strong academics with a BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- MBA or Masters in Finance and/or previous credit analysis experience preferred
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Bloomberg and FACTSET
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, with an ability to manage tight deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge of accounting and business statistics
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
- Commitment to continuous learning
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.