Primary responsibilities include providing white glove service to the users of the Houston conference center. Our Conference Center is used in high level, fast pace meetings, depositions, video conferences and large events. The candidate must know their craft, and instill confidence by remaining calm in high pressure situations while focusing on the task at hand. Candidate must meet or exceed the expectations of the users of the Houston conference center by preparing for their meeting in advance, and understanding the technical requirements. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of firm personnel to ensure the seamless and timely execution of meetings, training sessions and special events. Other responsibilities include a thorough understanding of the firm’s hardware and software platforms for troubleshooting and configuration.
This position requires strong people skills due to the high level clients that we serve such as share partners and clients. This position will report to the Conference Technology Manager and for day to day operations. Must have excellent customer service skills and provide white glove service. Establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Always speak and act with the customer in mind.
Strong analytical reasoning and AV troubleshooting skills are required. Individual must also possess excellent judgment regarding local Conference Technology matters. Must be able to assess situations quickly and proactively to ensure customer/client satisfaction. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must in addition to having a strong customer service commitment.
Run the local Conference Technology Department and work closely with the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager to insure consistent high level of service is provided to the conference clients. This including set-up, Operate, maintain and troubleshoot all built-in and portable Conference Technology systems including, but not limited to:
- Support the day to day Conference Technology operational needs.
- Organize daily operational needs and provide daily activity report to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
- Produce monthly report as required to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
- Maintain documentation on all maintenance activities, projection lamp hours, any equipment changes and incident reports.
- Set up and test video conferences with the Firmwide video conference specialist.
- Set up audio conferences (microphones, sound systems, speakerphones, conference calls)
- Set up and maintain visiting attorney offices.
- Set up presentation equipment (LCD projectors, screens, videos)
- Laptops (webcasts, network connections)
- Become proficient on the operation of Kirkland’s Crestron program.
- Ensure daily that all onsite Conference Technology systems are fully functional.
- Daily coordination and communication with the local conference center scheduler to insure the client’s needs are provided and supported as requested.
- Maintain coordination with the Conference Technology team in Chicago.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of supplies (batteries, cables, DVD's, power supplies)/ ensure operating efficiency of equipment.
- Perform system maintenance as scheduled and work with vendors as required.
- Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
- Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard hardware such as laptop and related programs.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard applications such as Lotus Notes, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office Suite, DMS.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Retains knowledge and stays current on the firm’s procedures and guidelines that impact technology usage and support requirements.
Test with external sites prior to meeting (ideally in the same video conference room as meeting
Coordinate with meeting host to confirm full understanding of what they are trying to achieve during their meeting
Daily check of projectors, VC units and audio DSP equipment in conference rooms to insure they remain in good working order
Schedule quarterly detailed testing of all conference room equipment
Able to provide direction and resolution in high-pressure circumstances.
Provide immediate response to client requests for assistance.
Maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
Other duties as assigned