"Top 10" National Homebuilder K. Hovnanian Homes is hiring! We are seeking a talented Insurance & Claims Manager to join our Corporate Risk Team in Red Bank, NJ 07701. This is an immediate job opportunity. Apply today!
Insurance & Claims Manager will assist in the protection of the Company’s real and personal assets and help manage those exposures that can produce financial loss and minimize the effect on the Company profits; work directly with the Risk Manager in the aforementioned responsibilities. Essential duties and responsibilities will include the following.
- Management and administration of company’s General Liability Warranty insurance program.
- Ability to read and evaluate General Liability coverage under the Warranty program, which will include making decisions regarding determining coverage, and providing recommendations to Director regarding all aspects of the Warranty program.
- Review and approve all Divisions’ monthly warranty submissions. Work with in-house attorneys to keep them updated on important claims issues.
- Determine appropriate backup documents required for warranty claims and document all claims files accordingly.
- Prepare the company’s insurance allocation.
- Manage the updating of real and personal property asset information and the maintenance of Builders Risk, Sales models and trailers assets for quarterly reporting to the insurance company.
- Responsible for claims reporting to the various insurance carriers and maintaining claims files.
- Manage direct relationships with our claims handling service (TPA), be fluent with their systems, be able to request loss runs, report claims, and conduct audits.
- Prepare, Create and run monthly and quarterly claim reports from Company’s RMIS (Risk Management Information System), as well as any ad-hoc requested reports, for corporate and division management.
- Ensure data integrity by running various reconciliation reports and overseeing audit processes i.e. SOX
- Coordinate all claims procedures and handling of files with newly acquired companies.
- Conduct claim reviews and audits on a quarterly basis of our third party administrator.
- Assist Director and Risk Manager on overseeing claims as required (this can include but is not limited to property claims, Workers Comp, Environmental, etc).
- Assist the Corporate Litigation Counsel on litigated bodily injury and auto liability matters; familiarity with the litigation process.
- Be able to interpret policy language and address deficiencies in all lines of coverage.
- Assist Director and Risk Manager with any required daily functions of the Risk Management department, which can include coverage reviews, data analytics, reviewing contract documents, RMIS administration and reports, etc.
- Assist Risk Manager where required regarding our Company’s Subcontractor Insurance tracking process, which will include addressing questions from internal and external customers regarding our Company’s insurance requirements.
- Assist with compiling exposure data and completing applications required for the Company’s various insurance policy renewals.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is a well-respected publicly traded company. At K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, we are committed to our people and provide an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits—including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan.
To learn more about us, visit www.khov.com/careers.