A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
U-M Tech Transfer is the University organization responsible for the transfer of University technology to the marketplace. Our organization provides responsive, professional service to our inventors and industry partners.
Provide administrative support for the legal, licensing, and operations teams at U-M Tech Transfer.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Licensing and Licensing Specialists, including coordinating travel, meetings, visits and additional licensing activities
- Provide administrative support to the Office of General Counsel attorneys with patent, technology transfer, and legal issues, including review of patent expenditures and budget, and assisting with occasional litigation support, document preparation, and legal research
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Manager, including assisting with human resources, facilities, events, communication and special projects
- Provide general administrative support, including maintaining the knowledge and customer relationship management database systems, reporting, maintaining private/public calendars, greeting clients, handling hosting and parking arrangements, and maintaining office inventory
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and ability to work as team member. Exercise initiative, independent judgment, a service-oriented attitude with excellent attention to detail. Prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Demonstrate a positive work ethic, strong sense of teamwork and problem-solving.
- Associate’s degree (preferably in business/office administration), and a minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in a private business or university environment
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, including senior executives, high-level administrators, and peer administrators
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team in a professional and collaborative manner
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Must be flexible, proactive, resourceful, and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker or other relational databases
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.