Leave of Absence Coordinator (HR)Primary Location:
MA-MANorth Andover-1600 Osgood StFunction:
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Leave of Absence Coordinator
to join our HR team in North Andover, MA. As the LOA coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating, administering, and tracking leave of absences for our employees across 35 states. The Leave of Absence Coordinator will process and track short-term and long-term disability benefits; manage cases to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
Essential Job Functions
- Process requests for leaves of absence, including designating type of leave.
- Maintain contact with employees on leave to monitor progress and prompt return to work date. Works with managers and Human Resources to monitor leaves and provide regular status reports.
- Communicate and work with a variety of internal and external sources such as attorneys, physicians, providers, vendors, and others to achieve timely return to work date and prompt resolution of the claim.
- Prepare and mail leave notices (e.g., FMLA leave notices) as required to employees requesting leave.
- Create and maintain an activity file containing required documentation for leave of absence.
- Monitor and track leave of absences and follows up on required paperwork such as medical certifications, requests for extended leaves, and other required information.
- Work with employees on leave to arrange for payments of benefits. Monitor benefits repayments from employees on leave and terminates benefits when appropriate for failure to pay.
- Ensure timely processing of short-term and long-term disability claims. Review documentation and eligibility status to determine whether an employee is eligible for benefits.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from employees and outside vendors answering questions and resolving routine issues. Work with managers and Human Resources as appropriate to resolve more complex issues.
- Compose reports and correspondences to ensure proper communication between employees, managers, Human Resources, and outside vendors.
- Associate's degree and three years' of experience in human resources.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Prior experience with and knowledge of FMLA preferred.
The MENTOR Network is the leading national provider of home-based health and human services for individuals with intellectual, developmental, physical or behavioral disabilities, Acquired Brain Injuries and other special needs. Our mission is to offer adults, children, and their families innovative, quality services and supports which lead to growth and independence, regardless of the challenges they face. Our philosophy emphasizes partnerships – with those we serve, their families, employees, Mentors, payors, and the communities in which we work – in an effort to help individuals shape the direction of their own lives in community-based settings.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network (this role is an addition to staff)
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.