| Opportunity for a highly motivated individual with superstar potential to join one of the leading real estate multi-family development firms in the United States. Greystar is a fully-integrated property management, investment management and development services company specializing in the multifamily real estate industry. Greystar operates 400,000 rental apartments in 147 markets across the United States, United Kingdom, Mexico and the Netherlands. Through its institutional investment management platform, Greystar currently has an ownership interest in over $10.0 billion of rental housing assets alongside a diverse group of global institutional capital partners. Greystar has closed approximately $5.0 billion of acquisitions since 2010, including $1.6 billion in student housing. In addition, it is currently one of the most active developers in the country, with over $3.4 billion in projects currently under development.|
Greystar Development Associates have 2 to 3 years of experience and are responsible for analyzing income and expense projections, preparation and management of project development budgets, providing financial analyses to support negotiation decisions, and conducting market research. The Development Associate is responsible for analyzing due diligence materials and assisting in the preparation of investment memorandum thus must be extremely organized and process oriented. This position interfaces heavily with real estate owners, local market brokers and top Greystar executives, so applicants must have dynamic verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities. Prior real estate experience is not required, but non-industry applicants should have strong analytical and quantitative skills.
This position sits in Boston. Greystar offers a competitive salary and benefits. EOE
Responsibilities - Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Actively engaging with owners, brokers, equity partners, lenders, attorneys, and all other related internal departments, as appropriate.
- Assist in the execution, reconciliation, and accounting of ongoing development projects
- Financial analysis of development opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma models.
- Preparation and management of development project budgets and development accounting.
- Market investigation of potential acquisitions, competitive properties and local market fundamentals.
- Review and analysis of preliminary investment information received for potential investments
- Data gathering and market research
- Assist senior real estate professionals in preparing and presenting new investment, financing or disposition recommendations and updates on existing investments or portfolio status
- 3+ years of previous experience in banking, finance or accounting preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in related major, business or finance a plus
- Strong quantitative background ideally in business finance (corporate finance) and general accounting
- Demonstrated interest in real estate
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- Ability to handle large volume of work; good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and motivated to succeed in a team environment