Come work at the financial institution that was recently honored as a top workplace in the state and has been consistently recognized as one of the top credit unions in the nation for returning profits to members! Due to continued market growth the University of Iowa Community Credit Union is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill additional Mortgage Loan Assistant openings at the UICCU Financial Center in North Liberty.
Ideal candidates will possess previous mortgage experience, preferably in processing first mortgage loans. In this position, your primary role is to partner with the Mortgage Loan Officer and other Loan Assistants to process loans. This position requires you to independently process large loan volumes accurately and quickly. Further, it is important that you are able to prioritize assignments accordingly. Accuracy and attention to detail are both required. Enthusiasm is a must too!
This full-time, non-exempt position requires a minimum of 40 hours/week. Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Loan volume often dictates additional work hours, which are necessary to meet critical deadlines and member demands. As such, the ability and availability to work flexible hours to accomplish workloads is a must.
The UICCU offers an outstanding benefits package that includes: 401(k) plan with generous match feature; health, dental, life and disability coverage; as well as a generous paid time off program.
Base wage range for the position is $15.42 to $23.12 per hour, plus an additional production-based incentive opportunity!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the members name during contact and always thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Builds and maintains relationships in the real estate community, which includes but is not limited to realtors, attorneys, abstractors, and insurance companies.
- Delivers initial application and initial disclosures to borrowers if necessary. Fields and returns calls from the mortgage group phone line and fields and returns phone calls/emails from borrowers regarding their loan.
- Schedules initial appointments and schedules closings with members and all other involved parties.
- Orders appraisal, flood determination, credit report, pre-closure credit report, verification of deposit, verification of employment, verification of mortgage or rents and other documents necessary to support the loan application and ensure complete documentation of the loan file.
- Orders the necessary title work through abstract/title companies and attorney’s office. This would include but is not limited to (abstract update, 900/901 searches, buyer’s searches and day of closing searches). Reviews and verifies title work is clear to close and works with all parties involved to clear title objections.
- Collects and verifies completeness of requested credit documents. Processes documents by correctly entering information into on-line computer system and scans original documents into loan software system..
- Orders and reviews both the compliance report and fraud report for accuracy and discrepancies and makes any necessary corrections.
- Submits file information to automated underwriting system when necessary and verifies accuracy of the findings.
- Organizes file in appropriate order and submits final applications to underwriting for approval. Applies for PMI if needed.
- Follows up on any approval conditions for secondary market and in-house loans.
- 1Following approval, sends approval letter to borrowers and realtors, orders payoffs, property surveys,and orders any other required documentation to prepare closing documents.
- Verifies homeowners insurance and flood insurance if applicable (personal and association) and requests mortgagee clause change prior to closing.
- Prepares closing documents and closing disclosure statement. Verifies all fees and invoices have been collected. Issues all checks and posts general ledger entries for those invoices and fees. Funds loans after rescission period ends and issues all checks at that time.
- Organizes file to be sent to servicing department in a timely manner to ensure prompt delivery to investors and prompt recording of the mortgages.
- Ensures accuracy of Warranty Deed, Ground Water Hazard Statement, Declaration of Value, Mortgage and any additional documents that are to be recorded.
- Resolves any secondary market suspensions or deficiencies and follows-up on any missing documentation in mortgage file in a timely manner.
- Balances the secondary market funding when loan is purchased by investor.
- Assists in year-end verification of HMDA reporting and 1098/1099 statements.
- Assists in all other necessary mortgage duties and projects when needed.
- Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations, policies and guidelines.