The Business Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with business units and stakeholders across the Firm to identify, evaluate, and recommend industry best practices and technology and to help determine solutions to business problems. Specifically, to facilitate the design and implementation of projects that focuses on attorney productivity. Provide feedback to management, assist with project roadmaps, present problem areas, and develop products or process improvements for attorneys.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve as liaison between IT and business end users.
- Gather, document, and prioritize business requirements, assist in developing application design specifications, and develop and execute test plans.
- Facilitate and manage business requests, setting proper stakeholder and user expectations.
- Work with IT subject matter experts to document business application specifications, assess options, risks and costs.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as superior listening, critical thinking and probing skills – subtlety, tact, and diplomacy.
- Build strong relationships with project stakeholders – experience in communicating with virtual teams. Serve as a communications hub among business clients, project stakeholders, and the defined solutions team.
- Work with technical teams to design solutions, circle back with stakeholders, end users, talk with leadership, reach out to other groups that have a stake, consult outside experts.
- Assist project stakeholders in communication, training or change management.
- Organize, coordinate and manage work efforts and/or projects.
- Use tools for eliciting requirements: brainstorming/mindmapping, focus groups/interviews, end user observation, process/task analysis.
- Collaborate with team members and other resources to establish creative and effective solutions to business problems.
- Analyze and design business processes and workflows.
- Occasional travel to other offices.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.